How to configure the work order workflow?
The state flow for work orders can be changed to be in line with the organization's working method.
To create or change the new state configurations, you must access Definitions | Work | Workflow
- The state list is presented;
- To create new states, press the button create, to change the state configuration already defined, select the desired state.
When creating or editing the states, you must consider the following points:
- A start and final state must exist for each entity.
- By default, the entities are created in the state defined as initial.
- The final state defines the end of the entity's flow of states because there can be no more state transitions.
- To fill in the remaining languages of the description, you must edit the state with a user with the language configured on its profile.
- To create or configure WO states, select the entity “WORKORDERS.MAINTENANCE”
Maintenance configuration for the Work Order states
- Work Orders
- Mandatory to check tasks – if active, it is not possible to change to the next state without validating all of the WO's tasks;
- Allow to record work – if active, the WOs in this state allow to check tasks;
- Allow to record costs – if active, the WOs in this state allow to record costs;
- Allow assignments – if active, it is possible to assign WOs to employees
- Start SLA– when active, when changing to this state, the SLA start date of the WO is filled in;
- End SLA– when active, when changing to this state, the SLA end date of the WO is filled in;
- Change WO state to – when active, when changing to this state, the associated request is changed for the selected state;
- Start Down Time:
- If you define a state as Start Down Time, and there is no state defined as End Down Time the final Work Order state is automatically defined as End Down Time.
- If a state is no longer defined as Start Down Time, and there are no states defined, all work order states are no longer defined as End Down Time.
- It is not possible do set the Final state with Start Down Time if there are not one or more states defined with End Down Time. This means that the final state will be defined automatically with End Down Time and it is not allowed to have a defined state with Start and End Down Time
- End Down Time:
- If you define a state as End Down Time, and there are no states defined with Start Down Time, the start Work Order date will be automatically defined as Start Down Time.
- If a state is no longer defined as End Down Time, and there are no states defined, all work order states are no longer defined with Start Down Time.
- It is not possible to set the Start state with End Down Time if there are not one or more states defined with Start Down Time. This means that the start state will be defined automatically with Start Down Time and it is not allowed to have a defined state with Start and End Down Time.
- Copy Reason between technicians
- when active, when changing to this state, the justification is copied (feedback) inserted in the connected request.
How to change the state transition dates of a work order?
The state transition dates can be changed, for that select the option Work | Work Orders The work orders list is presented Select the work order that wish to change the state On the "Operations" link, select the option "Change State Transitions" ...
What is the default workflow of the work orders?
By default, the work orders workflow has the following states: State Notes New Initial state, SLA start. In Progress Changes the state of the associated requests to In Progress. Completed End of SLA. Changes the state of the associated requests to ...
How to create a work order?
The Work Order (WO) is the entity that represents the maintenance job to be performed and which asset, location or route it refers to. To create a new Work Order, select the option "Work | Work Orders"; The list of work orders will be displayed; ...
How to create a related work order?
Frequently, a maintenance technician is performing a work order and detects another problem, so he needs to solve it and log the work done. To log the work done, there are 3 options: Creating a new work order Adding additional tasks to the work order ...
How to add tasks to the work order?
After creating a work order, it is possible to add new tasks. To add a Task to a work order, you must access the work order file and open the tab "Additional Work": The list of additional tasks associated to the work order is presented On the list, ...